Fees for Building Permit applications are paid near the time of issuance of the Building Permit. An invoice will be sent by the Building Department Administrative assistant for the amount due. Some larger development projects require both Building Permit Fees and Development Charges.
The full list of Building Department Fees can be found here.
When building a new house on a vacant lot (not redeveloped) the following Development charges would be applicable:
Grading Deposit for New Houses (2 Acre Lots):
When a new house is being constructed on a lot that is less than 2 Acres in size, a $5000 grading deposit is collected to ensure grading of the lot is completed correctly without affecting adjacent neighbours. The deposit is then returned to the applicant after the grading is completed as per the approved grading plan. For more information see our New House Grading Guide
Park Land Dedication Fee:
Parkland dedication is one of the ways that the Township secures additions to its park system. The dedication of parkland is a requirement under the Planning Act and allows the Township to ensure that its park system grows along with the community.
There are two types of parkland dedication – the dedication of physical land or the payment of money in lieu of dedicating lands (often referred to as cash-in-lieu of parkland).
For more information see the attached Parkland Dedication Memo.
Once an invoice has been issued to the permit applicant, there are two options to proceed with payment:
Payment by cheque-mailed in or dropped off at The Township Municipal Office. If the office is closed, cheque can be dropped off in the outside mailbox. If mailing, please use the address within the invoice and be sure to include the “P.O.Box 700”.
Interac e-Transfer – The Township of Guelph/Eramosa building department is set up to accept Interact e-Transfers up to a limit of $10,000. The following are instructions how to complete this:
*** The Township does not accept any credit card payments***
- STEP 1: Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account you would like to use.
- STEP 2: Set the Township of Guelph/Eramosa up as contact and use the following email: email@example.com
- STEP 3: Enter the amount to be paid.
- STEP 4: in the message section, please be as specific as possible. Include your Building Permit number, address of the project, and what the project is for.
- STEP 5: A security question is not required as The Township of Guelph/Eramosa is set up for Autodeposit.
- STEP 6: When the e-transfer has been sent, The Township of Guelph/Eramosa will receive a notification of your payment. We will process the payment and will notify you that payment has been received and forward you a receipt through Cloudpermit.