The Clerk of the Township is a Statutory Officer of the municipality and is assigned duties by various Provincial Statutes, including the Municipal Act, the Municipal Elections Act, the Planning Act and the Vital Statistics Act.
Services and responsibilities of Legislative Services include:
- Preparing and keeping records of all by-laws
- Preparing agendas for Council and Committees
- Recording without note or comment, all resolutions, decisions and other proceedings within the minutes of Council and Committees
- Acting as Returning Officer for municipal elections
- Vital statistics, including births and deaths
- Performing civil marriage ceremonies
- Issuing licenses and permits, such as marriage licenses, lottery licenses, open air burning permits, film location permits, special event permits, dog licences, and kennel licences.
- Coordinating Township’s accessibility plan, procedures and policies
- Processing freedom of information requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- The Clerk and Mayor are signing officers for the municipality
- Processing Livestock Valuer submissions
- Poundkeeper services
Click here to visit the Staff Directory