For your convenience, the Township of Guelph/Eramosa can make pre-authorized automatic withdrawals from your bank account for tax payments. Please note that you may only enroll in the Pre-authorized Payment Plan if all taxes have been paid up to date. Your property must also be fully assessed to include both the land and structure values.
||Number of Withdrawals Per Year
||First Friday of each month, from January to October. There will be a reconcilation withdrawal in November and you will be notified in mid-October of this final payment.
|By Installment Date
By Installment Dates -
February & May (Interim Bill)
August & October (Final Bill)
Applying for pre-authorized payment plan
Attach a void cheque to the application (line of credit or credit card cheques cannot be used).
Return the application and void cheque to the Finance Department.
Terms and conditions
- Enrollment in the pre-authorized payment plan is authomatically renewed each year and information about the next year's payment amount will be sent to you.
- As taxes are calculated based on assessment value, if there is any change in your assessment value, you will have two options:
- Make any necessary adjustments to the monthly payment amount;
- Withdraw from the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan.
- If for any reason, a payment is returned, you will be subject to a finance charge and applicable penalties. The amount of the returned payment plus finance charge and applicable penalties wil be added to your next month's payment. If any two payments should be returned, your enrollment in the Pre-Authorized Payment plan will be terminated.
- If for any reason, you wish to be removed from the pre-authorized payment plan, or if your banking information changes, you must notify the Township in writing at least thirty (30) days before the next pre-authorized payment is due.
- You may may enroll, if:
- You have no arrears outstanding on your account.
- Your last assessment was a full assessment.
- You do not pay your taxes with your mortgage.
I am on a Pre-Authorized Payment Plan. So, why did I receive a Tax Bill?
Tax bills are sent to all property owners. If you are on a Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, a copy of the tax bill is sent to you for information purposes only.
For more information, please contact the Finance Department at 519-856-9596 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org