Guelph/Eramosa Township has partnered with Guelph Humane Society for animal control services. Guelph Humane Society provides many services on behalf of our community:
- Capturing stray dogs and providing care and shelter to them during impoundment period until they are reclaimed by their owner;
- Respond 24/7 to injured or sick animals (including cats and wildlife) that are in need of care;
- Responding to by-law concerns, such as licensing, dogs running at large, failure to "stoop and scoop", etc.;
- Responds to dog bites and/or attacks on other domestic animals;
- Responding to concerns where a wild or domestic animal is posing a risk to public safety;
- Provides advice and support on issues regarding conflict between animals and residents;
- Investigations and prosecutions (by-law infractions);
- Removal of deceased companion animals (cats & dogs) from roadways;
- Park and trail monitoring;
- Service Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Emergency services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week by calling 519-824-3091
The revenue generated from the sale of dog tags is applied directly to the cost of the animal control program.
Inquiries or services related to dogs, please contact the Guelph Humane Society at 519-824-3091.