Integrity Commissioner

The Township of Guelph/Eramosa’s Integrity Commissioner is responsible for:

  • Advising Council members and members of local boards of their duties under the Code of Conduct and the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act.
  • Telling the public about the Code of Conduct and Council Member and local board members’ roles under the Code.
  • Deciding whether to investigate complaints about Council and local board members' conduct.
  • Making recommendations if there is an investigation.
  • Conducting inquiries into alleged contraventions of certain sections of the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act.
  • Providing educational information to members of Council.

Completed Declarations of Pecuniary Interest can be found under the Council Agendas and Minutes page, under the meeting date to which the declaration pertains to. 

Making a Complaint

Informal Complaints

If you think that a Member of Council is not following the Code of Conduct, you can:

  • Inform the Member that the behaviour or activity appears to contravene the Code.
  • Encourage the Member to acknowledge and to agree to stop the prohibited behaviour or activity and to avoid future occurrences of it.
  • Document the incidents including dates, times, locations, other individuals present, and any other relevant information.
  • Request the Integrity Commissioner to assist in informal discussion with the Member about the alleged behaviour or activity in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • If applicable, confirm to the Member the individual’s satisfaction with the response of the Member, or, if applicable, inform the Member of the individual’s dissatisfaction with the response.

If you are unhappy with the result of your informal complaint, you can make a formal complaint to the Integrity Commissioner.

Formal Complaints

If you think a Member of Council or member of a local board is breaking the Code of Conduct, you can make a formal complaint.

This Township of Guelph/Eramosa's Code of Conduct Complaint Protocol applies to complaints under the Code.

Complete the Council Code of Conduct Formal Complaint Form, and send it to the Integrity Commissioner via email:

If you think a Council member or member of a local board is breaking the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, you may request an inquiry.

Complete the Statutory Declaration Form and send it to the Township's Integrity Commissioner via email: