Entrance Permit

Properties that do not currently have access from the municipal road to enter a property require an entrance permit. If the property is on a Township road, applicants are asked to contact the Roads Department at 519-856-9596 ext. 120 or email kbreunig@get.on.ca

All entrance permit applications are to be submitted to the Township of Guelph/Eramosa Public Works Department for approval and are to be accompanied with a deposit cheque which will be cashed ($1,000.00 for residential/agricultural or $2,000.00 for commercial/industrial), an application fee of $160.00 (residential/agricultural) or $267.25.00 (commercial/industrial), and a sketch of the property indicating the proposed entrance location. The proposed location must also be staked out on the property.

Public Works staff will inspect the site and consider the application, based on issues such as sight lines and drainage.  The applicant will then be notified about whether their entrance permit application has been approved.  If approved, the Township will indicate in a letter what is required by the applicant to complete the entrance such as type, size and length of culvert, aggregate etc.  All materials will be supplied by and all works will be done at the applicant’s expense and to the satisfaction of the Township of Guelph/Eramosa and will be subject to inspection after installation.

Once the completed entrance has been inspected and approved by Public Works staff, a release letter is sent to the applicant indicating acceptance of the entrance along with a release cheque of the security deposit ($1,000.00 for residential/agricultural, $2,000.00 for commercial/industrial). The administration fees ($160.00 or $267.25) are kept. Please note that each additional or repeat inspection will be at a cost of $50.00 and will be deducted from the release cheque that holds the security deposit.

Please note that work must not commence on the entrance until a permit has been granted by the Township of Guelph/Eramosa. The applicant has 90 days to complete the entrance before the permit expires. The date of completion is set out on the approval letter. If entrance is not complete within the 90 days, a new permit, including payment of the applicable fees must be obtained before proceeding with such work [Part 7 of By-law 18-2021].

If the property is located on a County Road, please contact the County of Wellington at 519-837-2600 for County application requirements or visit the County of Wellington's website