The Township works with the County of Wellington in providing emergency management services to its residents. Visit the County's website for information on emergency preparedness, planning, training and weather related emergencies.
- In the event of an emergency (i.e. medical, fire or police related), phone 911.
- Township After Hours Service: For urgent Township matters that are non-medical or non-police related, phone (519) 856-9596 ext. 150
- Road Conditions: 1.866.799.4166 (Wellington County roads) or 511 (Provincial highways).
In the event of a power outage, the best place to access information is your local radio station, if you don’t have access to a smartphone. The County contacts local radio stations with closure and warming centre information.
The following radio stations should be monitored for important updates:
- 1460 CJOY/Magic 106 (South Wellington, including Guelph/Eramosa, Puslinch)
- 92.9 The Grand (Centre Wellington, Mapleton)
- 93.7 Country 93 (Wellington North)
- AM 920 (Wellington North)
- 88.1 Headwaters New Mix (Erin)
- 94.5 CKNX The Bull (Minto, Mapleton)
The County will also provide updates on www.wellington.ca and on the County’s official emergency twitterfeed - @wellingtncounty as necessary.
Adding a battery operated radio to your 72 hour emergency kit is a great idea. Alternatively, you can listen to these stations, on the hour, using your car radio for important updates.