The Community Better Challenge is a national physical activity initiative that encourages Canadians to get active and runs from June 1st to 30th . This challenge is in competition with other municipalities across Canada to determine who is Canada’s Most Active Community! Help us win the big prize of $100,000 towards supporting local activity initiatives.
- download the free Participaction app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Get active. Get exploring. Get winning.
- get active and track your physical activity minutes
- activity can be done in person or virtually
- join online fitness classes
- daily walk or run in the park
- cycling, hiking, canoeing and more!
- challenge your friends and family to get active and track their minutes!
For more information on the ParticipACTION App visit https://www.participaction.com/en-ca/programs/app
We are excited to be offering a new recreational opportunity called “Park Pop-Ups”. Thanks to funding provided by ParticipACTION and the Government of Canada, we can provide a selection of FREE activities for all ages to enjoy in the month of June! Starting June 8th, join us every Wednesday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in various parks around the Township and participate in a variety of activities!
- Dates and Locations of our Park Pop-Ups
- Wednesday June 8, 2022, 4-7 p.m. Cross Creek Park (78 Cross Creek Blvd. Guelph)
- Wednesday June 15, 2022, 4-7 p.m. Valentino Park (121 Fountain St. Rockwood)
- Wednesday June 22, 2022, 4-7 p.m. Eden Mills Memorial Park (19 Memorial St. Eden Mills)
- Wednesday June 28, 2022, 4-7 p.m. Rockmosa Park (120 Rockmosa Dr. Rockwood)
Please Note: Park Pop-Ups are weather permitting. In the event of rain the scheduled Park Pop-Up will move to the Thursday, weather permitting.
- Activities available at our Park Pop-Ups:
- Obstacle Courses
- Jumbo Kick Croquet
- Ladder Ball
- KanJam Disc Game
- Bean Bag Toss Game
- Giant Soccer Target