Applicants shall be required to undergo a Mandatory Two-Phase Pre-consultation Process with the Township prior to the submission of the following Planning Act Applications:
- Official Plan Amendment
- Zoning By—law Amendment
- Draft Plan of Subdivision
- Draft Plan of Condominium
- Site Plan
- Other applications referenced by the Planning Act as may be determined by the Township based on the application‘s complexity or relationship to other application types for which a mandatory pre—consultation applies.
Phase 1 is to include a Pre-consultation Meeting between the applicant, municipality, and other designated authorities, as deemed necessary by the Planning Department and Township Planning Consultants, for the evaluation of an Application.
Phase 2 is to include a Preliminary Review of the information and materials required to constitute a Complete Application, as identified in the Planning Act and Record of Pre—consultation, which is a letter of acknowledgement that the pre-consultation meeting requirement has been satisfied and a summary of the information and materials required to constitute a complete application.
Pre-consultation Meeting Request
The following information will be required to successfully complete and submit the Request for Pre-consultation form:
- The general location and physical address of the property
- The current use of the property
- A concise summary of the proposal and proposed application(s);
- Detailed concept plan
- Other information, as applicable
Note: The Township relies on external consultants to undertake peer review works as part of its process for application review, including pre-consultations. The applicant is required to pay all third-party costs generated through the implementation of the mandatory pre-consultation process.
For more information regarding the Two-Phase Pre-consultation Process, please consult By-law 62-2022.
Please complete and submit the following form to request a pre-consultation meeting.