Pet Licence

Pet Licence



Name of By-law/Concern: Animal Control By-law

Number (if applicable):  80/2016

Summary:   Dogs within the Township of Guelph/Eramosa are required to be registered and pay an annual licence.


Dogs within the Township need to be registered to ensure the best care for your pets. The Township keeps records of the most up-to-date information such as dog owners and veterinary contacts and their home address in case they get lost or injured.


  • To obtain a dog licence, visit the Township's DocuPet page; or
  • Visit the Township Municipal Office during regular business hours; or
  • Visit the Guelph Humane Society at 190 Hanlon Creek Blvd, Guelph during regular business hours. 

Please note, tags will only be issued by DocuPet and if you visit one of the above-mentioned locations, your information will be entered into the DocuPet system and your dog tag will be sent to you by mail.


Application for a Dog Licence


For other pet and animal-related questions, see the reference guide.