- As of June 12, face coverings are required to be worn inside all commercial businesses in Wellington County. This decision was made by the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Medical Officer of Health. Read Emergency Order No. 1.
- In response to the Stage 3 announcement by the Province, Dr. Mercer has updated her Section 22 Order on the use of face coverings in commercial establishments effective July 14. Read Emergency Order No. 2.
- On September 15, in response to the increasing number of cases in our region, Dr. Mercer announced updates to the Section 22 Order on the use of face coverings which will take effect on September 18. Read Emergency Order No. 3.
Mandatory screening procedures will be in place at the entrances of all County buildings, and individuals will be required to have their temperature taken by staff, wear a face covering and respect physical distancing protocols at all times inside our facilities.
ROCKWOOD, Ontario, March 23, 2020 – Mayor Chris White, along with the County of Wellington and all lower-tier municipalities, has declared a State of Emergency for Guelph/Eramosa Township in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. MEDIA RELEASE- THE COUNTY AND ALL SEVEN MEMBER MUNICIPALITIES DECLARE EMERGENCIES
Township of Guelph/Eramosa’s first priority is the safety of our residents and staff.
The Township is making significant changes to services and programming in response to new and ongoing developments with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Information is changing rapidly. Please check back often for new information and updates.
Back to News
With the “stay-at-home order” going into effect Thursday, January 14, 12:01 a.m. the Township, having consulted with WDGPH and following the provincial framework, would like to provide clarification on what park amenities are open for “exercise” during the Provincially mandated “Province-wide Shutdown”. Two meter physical distancing and face masks should be maintained at all times when using public facilities.
- Outdoor ice rinks: skating, shooting pucks and puck handling are permitted while maintaining 2M distancing, however scrimmage and games are not permitted as per O. Reg 82/20 . Maximum 10 people on the ice at once.
- Toboggan Hills: Maintain 2M distancing. If the hills are busy come back at another time.
- Play Structures: Maintain 2M distancing. The structures are not regularly cleaned or disinfected.
- Rockmosa Leash Free Dog Park: Maintain 2M distancing, if the park is busy come back at another time.
If you have concerns that physical distancing or the provincial regulations are not being followed please contact:
Wellington County OPP: 519 856 1506
Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health: 800 265 7293
- Information about Outdoor Ice Rinks can be found here.
- Information about the Royal Distributing Performance Athletic Centre can be found here.
Open Air Burn Permits
- Information on how to obtain a burn permit can be found here.
- Effective Monday, May 19, 2020, the Building Department will resume accepting all building permit applications and issuing all building permits. For more information, please visit the Building Department's webpage.
Dog Tag Licences
- There is a secure 24/7 mail drop box at the Township Municipal Office, located at 8348 Wellington Road 124 and during regular business hours, the vestibule will be open for members of the public to drop off tax or water bill payments but there will be no interactions between staff and the public at this time.
- The Water Billing and Tax Departments would like to remind residents that the Township does offer the option of receiving your bills through email billing.
- If you wish to receive your water bill through email, please click here for more information.
- If you wish to receive your tax bill through email, please click here for more information.
- We would also like to remind residents that the Township offers online banking and pre-authorized payment as additional options for water bill and tax payments:
- 1) Online Banking - please go to your financial institution’s online banking app or website and sign in. In the search bar you will enter Guelph/Eramosa and proceed with set up.
- 2) Pre-authorized Payment Plan – click here and complete the PAP Enrollment Form and forward to:
- Water Department: email@example.com. You will be advised through email when your PAP set up has been completed.
- Tax Department: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be advised through email when your PAP set up has been completed.
- The Township of Guelph/Eramosa is currently holding all Council meetings electronically through videoconference (ZOOM) until further notice. Information about meetings, agendas and minutes can be found here.
- All Committee of the Whole meetings have been cancelled until 2021.
- The Planning Department will continue to provide service and accept/process applications, but please note that processing and response times may be affected during this time.
Beginning May 26, all County waste facilities will be re-opening with their regular operating hours. Reuse Centres and textile bins will remain closed at all sites until further notice. Visit the County of Wellington's website for more information.
The County of Wellington is offering yard-waste collection and here is what you need to know:
Materials must be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on the Monday of your scheduled collection week. The scheduled collection weeks for Guelph/Eramosa are April 27 and May 18. It may take a few days to collect each area; however, collection crews will not be re-visiting any streets.
Leaves and yard waste must be placed in Kraft paper yard waste bags, or suitable re-usable containers clearly identified as yard waste. Materials placed out loose or in plastic bags will not be collected.
Each bag, reusable container, or bundle must not exceed 18.2 kg (40 lbs).
Small sticks must be bundled and be no longer than 90 cm (3’) in length. Large branches, trunks and stumps will not be collected.
For residents in rural areas, please store your materials on your property until waste facilities are re-opened.
Remember, if you have any questions, please contact the County of Wellington.
- Important information from Wellington County regarding User Pay Garbage Bags: Our staff are making deliveries to our retailers to ensure that User Pay bag inventory remains available. The County is also offering a temporary home delivery service for User Pay garbage bags. Orders can be placed and processed online at www.wellington.ca/wasteinfo. Residents unable to access this service online can call 519.837.2601 and arrangements will be made.
- The County of Wellington issued the media release on March 25, 2020 regarding Waste Disposal During COVID-19.
- The County of Wellington issued this media release on March 20, 2020 regarding Waste Disposal During COVID-19.
- Public works continues to maintain the road and drainage networks. Emergency and non-emergency public works inquires can be made through regular phone and email methods. Staff are available to respond as needed. Afterhours emergencies also continue to be reported through the after-hours at 519-856-9596 ext. 150 for distribution to the appropriate on-call staff.
- The Township will be responding only to emergency by-law enforcement and property standards complaints as they relate directly to the immediate health and safety of our community. No inspections within a dwelling unit will take place at this time.
As we collectively work through this challenging period together, the Township would also like to share helpful resources that are available. We encourage you to visit the County of Wellington's COVID-19 Support and Resources page for government resources, and business, agriculture, and economic development supports
For more information, please contact:
Ian Roger, P.Eng.
Chief Administrative Officer
519-856-9596 ext. 105
*Last updated January 13, 2021